Apricot Passionfruit Custard Tartlets are a great idea if you’re stuck for a delicious Christmas treat. They’re easy, quick, delicious and perfect to share with your family this Christmas.
Apricots are a great source of antioxidants including beta carotene, and vitamins A, C, and E. What’s more, they’re high in a group of polyphenol antioxidants called flavonoids, which have been shown to protect against illness, including diabetes and heart disease.
Passionfruit is rich in Vitamin C, beta-cryptoxanthin and alpha-carotene that boosts your immunity. It also has iron which increases haemoglobin in our red blood cells. The rich content of riboflavin (Vitamin B6) and niacin (Vitamin B3) in passionfruit helps in regulating the thyroid activity in our body.
Apricot Passionfruit Custard Tartlets will be a winner in every family at Christmas or any other time of the year.
3 sheets of filo pastry
1 tbsp oil or oil spray
1 cup custard (1 cup of non dairy milk, 2 tbsp custard powder, 2 tsp sugar)
grated rind of one orange
425gr can of apricots in juice
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C
- Brush half of one sheet of filo with oil and fold sheet in half. Repeat with other sheets. Cut each sheet into 4 squares. Line greased jumbo muffin tins using two squares of pastry for each tartlet
- Bake for 5 minutes until lightly golden. Allow to cool. These will keep in an airtight container for several days
- Combine custard and orange rind. Fill filo cups with custard. Arrange apricot halves on top and drizzle with passionfruit pulp
- Enjoy and have a wonderful Christmas with your family and friends!
Energy 402 kJ (96 Cal)
Protein 3g (11%)
Carbohydrates 13g (58%)
Fat 3g (31%)
You may also like: Apricot Dessert Cake